Hello again. Lots has changed since the last post, let's jump right into it.
- Set up a redis server to allow for accounts and unlockables
- Added user registration, don't worry only salted hashes of the passwords are saved
- Added skins to act as unlockables
One major issue was(read still) the ammount of bandwidth used. I've reduced that amount significantly but there's still plenty of room to go.
On the client side the background is now pre rendered and I'm using RequestFrameAnimation so the site should perform better and play nice while in the background
A ton of small and large bugs have been fixed. I think I've sanitized most forms of user input now. This post won't cover most changes. I probably should have written this update as I updated instead of two days later...
In terms of balance the game is really coming together. I'd like the thank all the players who've given me feedback and helped me balance the game, also a shout out to Selkies, Bucys, and Adversarius. Here are some of the notable changes:
- Size now grows at Log2
- Acceleration is capped for the near future
- Special now reflects 40% of mass back at the target if the target doesn't have their special active as well
- More points are kept on death and more points are stolen from killed players
Overall I feel that this has curbed the snowball effect a decent amount making the game much more fun!
In terms of traffic, the game is no longer at the top of iogames.space so that's resulted in fewer new visitors. Though now that the game is more stable it seems to retain more players so it hasn't been too bad. For now I think my focus will stay on improving core aspects of the game and performance and once those are figured out, I can look to increase traffic if it doesn't sort itself out. Alse a player has created a subreddit so I'll be adding a link to that.
As always you can send me feedback by following the link on the main page!